Thursday, July 22, 2010

GWYNETH PALTROW'S GOT GOOP, I'VE GOT POOP



















image taken from the etsy.com shop APERICOTS...go there to get cute baby onesies


I have been a dedicated follower and subscriber of Gwyneth Paltrow's GOOP.com. Most weeks she publishes a new online article that covers one of the six areas that seem to be paramount to her life: MAKE, GET, GO, DO, BE, SEE. It is a great website for all, especially stay at home moms. She pretty much does the research on things for you. She is easily relatable for me as well because we are both mothers of two working on ourselves to be better individuals to them.

This week's article touches on Postpartum Depression. Gwyneth for this article approached a OB/GYN for a definition, talked with Bryce Dallas Howard (actress and daughter to director/actor Ron Howard), and also talks to Heather Armstrong, a brave woman who has openly blogged for 9 years about her life and experiences, one being PPD.

Although the article is brief, it is compiled in a manner that reminds one that PPD affects many of us and that, in fact, it is okay to acknowledge. The links to the article can be found at the bottom of this post.

The title of this post however is what I want to get around to. While I deeply encourage you to go and subscribe to Gwyneth's online baby, I wanted to introduce you to a section that I will be having on this little blog called POOP.

Suffering from PPD myself after the birth of my second child, I know personally how overwhelming things can get. The purpose of POOP will be to share little anecdotes of my life with the girls to remind y'all that we do have our bad moments, days, sometimes weeks. But we are one on this journey through motherhood. Let's support each other.

xoxoxo

Crystal

Here are the links to the article and DOOCE.COM
For those living in the Ottawa AREA please contact the Ottawa Public Health Information at 613-560-6744 ext. 28020, your family physician, or the 24 hour Distress Centre 613-238-3311 for immediate support. You local Community Health centre or community centre may have support groups for new parents and I will be looking into them to post them on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment